A few rules-of-thumb to keep in mind when you
pick a domain name:
- Pick a domain name (the something.com that people enter to
go to your site) that identifies you. It could be "joeshardware.com",
or "bills-sushi-on-main.com", or "theyellowhouseofblues.com".
- Is "yourname.com" already taken? Try "yourname.biz",
or add hyphens between the words.
- Dont make it too long people will not be able to enter
it correctly and they are less likely to try. Stay to 15 characters
or less not counting the ".com".
- Only use capital letters if you need them to avoid creating a hopeless
jumble of letters.
- Never use all capital letters in your domain name.
- Dont include spaces or periods in you name; use dashes or
underscores if you must separate words.
Please enter the domain name (i.e. internic.net, nominet.org.uk,
nic.ch, etc) into the entry field above and click the "Lookup" button.